[Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

Schulte  Olaf A. Schulte Olaf A.

[Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

Dear All

Thursday, May 13th
at 8:00 am PST / 9:00 am Saskatoon / 10:00 am CST / 11:00 am EST / 4:00 pm GMT / 5:00 pm CET

will see the next meeting of the metadata group in the second Adobe Connect room at

http://ado.uvigo.es/opencast2.

I would like to suggest discussing only one issue which is "type" and "subtype".

We have tried to come up with a number of subtypes to the "MovingImage" in dcterms:type, hoping to display the full richness of "academic video":

Animation
Biography
Discussion
Documentation
Farewell Lecture
Film
Inaugural Lecture
Interview
Lecture Recording
Magazine
Music
News
Speech
Sports
Talk
(Animation and Film not for dcterms:type=Sound)

Let's discuss whether these are granular enough for your needs and cover what you have in your repositories...

Regards

Olaf A.
Brian O'Hagan Brian O'Hagan

Re: [Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

Olaf,

Would it be possible to record the meeting (as with last time) for later viewing?

/Brian

On May 12, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Schulte Olaf A. wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Thursday, May 13th
> at 8:00 am PST / 9:00 am Saskatoon / 10:00 am CST / 11:00 am EST / 4:00 pm GMT / 5:00 pm CET
>
> will see the next meeting of the metadata group in the second Adobe Connect room at
>
> http://ado.uvigo.es/opencast2.
>
> I would like to suggest discussing only one issue which is "type" and "subtype".
>
> We have tried to come up with a number of subtypes to the "MovingImage" in dcterms:type, hoping to display the full richness of "academic video":
>
> Animation
> Biography
> Discussion
> Documentation
> Farewell Lecture
> Film
> Inaugural Lecture
> Interview
> Lecture Recording
> Magazine
> Music
> News
> Speech
> Sports
> Talk
> (Animation and Film not for dcterms:type=Sound)
>
> Let's discuss whether these are granular enough for your needs and cover what you have in your repositories...
>

> Regards
>
> Olaf A.
Schulte  Olaf A. Schulte Olaf A.

Re: [Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

Dear Brian

I will try to remember recording the meeting and post notes together with the video URL at

http://opencast.jira.com/wiki/display/MH/Metadata+Meeting+Notes.

Regards

Olaf A.

Bjoern Hassler-3 Bjoern Hassler-3

Re: [Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

See you later today!

Bjoern

On 12 May 2010, at 19:35, Schulte Olaf A. wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Thursday, May 13th
> at 8:00 am PST / 9:00 am Saskatoon / 10:00 am CST / 11:00 am EST / 4:00 pm GMT / 5:00 pm CET
>
> will see the next meeting of the metadata group in the second Adobe Connect room at
>
> http://ado.uvigo.es/opencast2.
>
> I would like to suggest discussing only one issue which is "type" and "subtype".
>
> We have tried to come up with a number of subtypes to the "MovingImage" in dcterms:type, hoping to display the full richness of "academic video":
>
> Animation
> Biography
> Discussion
> Documentation
> Farewell Lecture
> Film
> Inaugural Lecture
> Interview
> Lecture Recording
> Magazine
> Music
> News
> Speech
> Sports
> Talk
> (Animation and Film not for dcterms:type=Sound)
>
> Let's discuss whether these are granular enough for your needs and cover what you have in your repositories...
>

> Regards
>
> Olaf A.

Dr Bjoern Hassler
Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technologies &
Centre for Commonwealth Education,
University of Cambridge, UK
Email: [hidden email]

Aptivate | (http://www.aptivate.org)
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES
Email: [hidden email]

Mobile (UK): +44-7952-888939
Mobile (Zambia): +26-0978-717308
Web: http://www.sciencemedianetwork.org

Brian O'Hagan Brian O'Hagan

Re: [Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

Thanks, Olaf.

My apologies in advance for missing today's meeting, all. I've been
pulled into an annual pre-summer faculty workshop here this morning.

/Brian

On May 12, 2010, at 7:09 PM, "Schulte  Olaf A." <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Brian
>
> I will try to remember recording the meeting and post notes together
> with the video URL at
>
> http://opencast.jira.com/wiki/display/MH/Metadata+Meeting+Notes.
>
> Regards
>
> Olaf A.

>>> Biography
>>> Discussion
>>> Documentation
>>> Farewell Lecture
>>> Film
>>> Inaugural Lecture
>>> Interview
>>> Lecture Recording
>>> Magazine
>>> Music
>>> News
>>> Speech
>>> Sports
>>> Talk
>>> (Animation and Film not for dcterms:type=Sound)
>>>
>>> Let's discuss whether these are granular enough for your needs and
>>> cover what
>> you have in your repositories...
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Olaf A.
Schulte  Olaf A. Schulte Olaf A.

Re: [Metadata] Metadata group meeting May 13th

Dear All

The metadata group met today to discuss dcterms:type (item) mainly; notes and recordings available at

http://opencast.jira.com/wiki/display/MH/2010/05/03/Metadata+group+meeting%2C+April+29th.

Please feel free to comment upon the suggestions there.

Regards

Olaf A.