3rd party tools - libSDL.so: undefined reference to `_XGetRequest' [Ubuntu 12.04]

Philipp P. Philipp P.

3rd party tools - libSDL.so: undefined reference to `_XGetRequest' [Ubuntu 12.04]

Hi,

I've tried to compile the 3rd party tools on Ubuntu 12.04 but the ffmpeg_libs couldn't build successfully.
Same problem with the latest svn checkout.
I've attached the complete log file.
menu3p-all.log

Anyone else experiencing this?

Regards
Philipp P. Philipp P.

Re: 3rd party tools - libSDL.so: undefined reference to `_XGetRequest' [Ubuntu 12.04]

Alright I could solve this myself.

I suppose this problems only occurs in the Desktop version of Ubuntu 12.04+ which I'm currently using in a Wubi installation.
libX11 1.4.99.1 (reference) added _XGetRequest which isn't reflected in SDL 1.2.14 which is being downloaded and compiled by the 3rd party tools installer.

In order to use the latest SDL 1.2.15 version I've adapted the config.txt under /ffmpeg_libs/sdl/ with the following changes:
PKG: SDL-1.2.15.tar.gz
SHA: 0c5f193ced810b0d7ce3ab06d808cbb5eef03a2c
DIR: SDL-1.2.15
PCP: pc-sdl.zip

Afterwards the build process finished successfully.

If there are no backward compatibility issues it's probably best to adapt the config.txt also in the SVN.

Regards,
Philipp